Out Here Hope Remains

There is hope for the helpless ... Cry Out To Jesus. -- Third Day

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Cool Morning On The Coast

We woke up to cool temperatures along the Gulf Coast this morning. I am grateful for the cooler temps and looking forward to the Fall, my favorite time of year. I did a lot of small and uninteresting, though important, errands today. Tonight we took a look at the beatitudes in our Wednesday night devotional. We had a good number present and I was thankful for each one. This morning I thought for a while about how many books I have that I want to read, and how I let a lot of things get in the way of reading. One solution I thought of is to start a new blog (surprise) and use it as a book club type thing. Then I came to my senses - who has time for yet another blog? But this is what I'm going to do. I will invite you to join me in reading a book. I'll give you enough time to get your hands on it. Then I will present a few ideas and thoughts from one chapter a day until it is read. Then we'll start another one. There's nothing to sign up for, and if you choose not to do it, there's no worries there. This will help me! The first book I want to read in this way is Kingdom Come: Embracing the Spiritual Legacy of David Lipscomb and James Harding by Bobby Valentine and John Mark Hicks. I know I'm behind and several have already read it, but I haven't. I hope by Monday or Tuesday to begin posting some thoughts from one chapter a day....right here on Out Here Hope Remains. If you can join with me, let's read it together! I just have a couple of links for this post: UMCOR's Spiritual Care in Disaster Response online. DVD: Mormonism - Has Anything Changed? Have a great day! Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting