Out Here Hope Remains

There is hope for the helpless ... Cry Out To Jesus. -- Third Day

Monday, September 25, 2006

Monday on the Coast

We had a good worship time Sunday morning and the podcast should be up in the next few minutes. You can hear this week's message, "An Open Door Church" by clicking HERE. Sunday afternoon brought unexpected illness. I had tremors, nausea, and fever. I've had this before so I knew what was next. Sure enough this morning my left leg was bright red from the knee down...phlebitis. I just suffered an attack of this in May. Anyway, I'm trying to stay off of my leg for a while and keep it elevated. This morning brought quite a surprise in that my picture was on the front page of The Mississippi Press. You can read the story HERE about my podcast, blog, and website, and how they are used for mininstry. Also friend Al Sturgeon is mentioned a good bit. I also know Johnny Beavers, as he is a pastor around the corner at Calvary Baptist. I thought it was a good article by newcomer to the Coast, Veto Roley. If anyone in Jackson County is reading my blog for the first time today, thanks for stopping by! Come back often. I am supposed to start my book club reading of Kingdom Come today. The book club posts will be in separate posts. Watch for KINGDOM COME: CHAPTER ONE. There are no real rules, but posts may be deleted if they start off with, "I haven't read the book, but..." The point of the book club is to read the book! Tonight many will be watching the Atlanta Falcons and the New Orleans Saints play the first post-Katrina game in the Superdome. Things like this may be more symbolic than anything, but they do remind us that we are coming back little by little and progress is being made. Saints fans are excited about the comeback. Real "Saints" are Fixing Homes in Mississippi. The person interviewed for that article suggests that people in Seattle do not know that Mississippi was hit by Katrina as well as New Orleans. That may be so, but interestingly I talked with a construction worker from Seattle today who called to say that he wanted to come down and work. He heard about our work from someone who had been to New Orleans. Word of mouth is great advertisement! Thanks for reading. Hope your days are going well.