Out Here Hope Remains

There is hope for the helpless ... Cry Out To Jesus. -- Third Day

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Can't Get It Out Of My Head

I'm writing this at the end of the day on Wednesday, relaxing and listening to some ELO just a little too loud in my headphones. I have to say I enjoyed the humor and support in the comments to yesterday's posts. Sometimes we just have to grin and move on. God has surrounded my life with wonderful people and I appreciate you. I enjoyed a good conversation on the phone with David and Elaine this morning. They have enjoyed their visit to Kentucky so much. They were able to visit with our friend Elsie England while up there. On the way home they hope to connect with a former elder from the Central congregation, Hugh Lee Lauderdale. Hugh Lee and Carlene were here for less than a year after I arrived, almost fifteen years ago. Carlene has already gone to be with the Lord. I've missed them for a lot of reasons. One of those reasons is that their absence has robbed me of one of my favorite sayings: Ask David. Anyway, they have been able to relax some and see plenty of deer, which makes David's trigger finger spasm. Today was also marked by a special visit from L. T. and another brother (I'm so bad with names) who have both been here working in the past year through Hope Missions and the Cogan Station Christian Church in Pennsylvania. L. T. has my deepest respect and admiration as a hard worker and a devoted man of God. It was great to visit with them both and hear about some of the places Hope Missions is involved. They placed a Hope Missions flag in our foyer several months ago and it still hangs there as a tribute to the volunteers who have made their way to the Coast to give so much of themselves. We had another afternoon thunder boomer and heavy downpour like we did yesterday. Unfortunately Jeff had planned a nice cookout and bonfire on the beach to thank the Americorps and Project Recovery people with whom he has been working closely. He did get to cook for them, but the rain prevented the activities he wanted to do. He did bring some of the Project Recovery folks to worship tonight, so that was nice. I was happy to thank them publicly for their excellent work. I would say that the rain was justice for Jeff's linking my name with a clown and a poor elvis impersonator on HIS BLOG today. But, given the fact that I laughed at both of those references, I doubt any justice was served. You know Jeff, it's easy to catch him trying to be funny. LINKS & COMMENTARY Montana Wildfire Doubles in Size. TD8 Becomes Tropical Storm Helene. Likely no threat to the U. S. if Dr. Jeff Masters is correct! Mother of Missing Boy Commits Suicide after being grilled by Nancy Grace on her nationally viewed cable news program. Ms. Grace is the same woman who allowed the churches of Christ to be labeled as "cults" on her program. Perhaps some inner searching is in order for this over-the-top program host. "Toxic Soup" In New Orleans Less Serious Than Initially Believed. Still, the situation whether toxic or not is an awful mix of bad politics and helpless individuals. North Carolina Volunteers Build Habitat Home in Pascagoula. Two Dead, 19 Injured at Montreal College Shooting. FROM THE BLOGS Bobby Valentine proposes a splendid vision of the Kingdom. Ben Overby reminds us to Rejoice because we are in Christ! Charlie Whitfield reminds us to think about how we talk about ourselves. more later...