Out Here Hope Remains

There is hope for the helpless ... Cry Out To Jesus. -- Third Day

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Saturday on the Coast

It's a rainy Saturday on the coast. I thank you for taking a few moments to read on your day off. Saturdays are usually busy days for preachers. Well, let me say SOME preachers. There are some preachers who manage their time in an excellent manner, have well thought-out sermon series, are able to have their messages completed by Tuesday, and they probably are doing something fun on Saturday instead of scrambling to pull it all together. That's not me. I keep thinking that one day it could be me, but after fifteen years of this I'm beginning to accept who I am. That doesn't make me a procrastinator! A procrastinator is someone who puts off things they should do now and leaves them for later. I have simply located the time slot to do some things at the last minute. On purpose. That's not procrastination....is it? Tomorrow I will be speaking from Acts 8 about the power of faith to survive and thrive under pressure. By the way, do preachers always have to have words that rhyme, or points that spell out a word, or nifty puns in their titles? No, but they try. I do not have a title for tomorrow, so I'll try to think of something cool and attention getting that no one will remember. I take the word of God very seriously, and preaching is also very serious. Myself? Well, I learned to laugh at myself a long time ago. Anyhoo, the message will be posted on my podcast sometime early in the week. If you came to find hurricane relief updates, I will remind you that the relief center is closed for the week. But we continue to field requests to come and work and we have a nice lineup of workers coming. I received a call from a Dallas couple that have planned to spend their vacation week helping out here on the Coast. Bravo! We really have met the greatest people in the world. LINKS OF INTEREST CENTER TO HOUSE VOLUNTEERS TO OPEN IN PASCAGOULA. "Until now, volunteers have slept in churches and homes throughout Pascagoula, Damazio said. Church members, including David Kilbern of Central Church of Christ in Pascagoula, will continue to provide meals for the volunteers...Funding for the Operation TLC center comes from the Mississippi Hurricane Recovery Fund and the generosity of area businesses and groups." Dr. Jeff Masters says that El Nino is Coming! Bermudans Prepare for Florence. Sixty Active Wildfires in the West. 33 Million People Displaced Due to Violence. Mississippi Drought Conditions. 40 New West Nile Cases in Mississippi. Al Sturgeon has a fun experience at the library! Jeff Campbell's New Blog. Charlie Reminds Us of Three Things God Has Called Us To. Bobby Valentine posts positive and negative reviews of his new book. Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting