Out Here Hope Remains

There is hope for the helpless ... Cry Out To Jesus. -- Third Day

Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Not An Afternoon Thunderstorm

Hurricane Frances looks to be one bad storm. I don't care much for afternoon thunderstorms that get loud and rowdy and blow out the power. I surely don't care much for a storm that can blow out my city. Wherever Frances makes landfall is going to be desolate afterwards ... unless God intervenes and tones that thing down a bit. Most storms in life are surprises ... more like tornadoes and hail ... it hits it's over...clean up and move on. There are storms that are approaching ... sometimes we can see them ... and it's hard ot know what to do. Do you run or batten down the hatches? Me? I run. Are you crazy? I don't do hurricanes. Unfortunately in life I have run from many of my problems. Some problems you just have to ride out .... if you run, they just get worse. I wonder how many problems could be resolved if we just faced them head-on, instead of running and hiding and letting resentment build up? Have I ever run away from God? Not so much that it showed. But I knew it. And the spirit of Jonah is not far from any of us. Well, that's a mixed bag of thoughts about storms and running and facing up to problems ... not a very good example of staying on topic ... but storms are like that. There's a kind of unpredictability about them.