Out Here Hope Remains

There is hope for the helpless ... Cry Out To Jesus. -- Third Day

Thursday, December 02, 2004

A Gentle Goodbye

Anyone who knows me knows how much I enjoy this blog. It began amid theological discussions between myself and Joel in the church office. We thought at the time that those things could be interesting to talk about on a blog (old hat / new hat) ... but it really didn't turn out that way. He's been through a lot in the ensuing months and so have I. When things were not developing as we had thought, I invited some other youth ministers to join up with us. Steve has done a great job of posting on a semi-regular basis. Kirt posted a few times. Jeff posted once. And I posted a lot. Next week I will spend several days in virtual isolation (except for some visits by a few friends from time to time). I will have no television, no internet, not even a computer. I will contemplate my life in Christ, my role as a minister to His people, a father and husband, and whatever other roles I may play. I will certainly be thinking about my purpose and seeking to escape the many demands for my time so that I can prioritize the important things. I have an e-life. I love conversing via e-mail, chat rooms, blogs, and e-mail groups. I belong to several groups now ... read several blogs ... enjoy them all. But the truth is that I do not believe that I am allowing God to work in my life as I would like ... and so I will whittle my e-life down a bit to allow more creativity sans keyboard. I do still intend to write, share, and interact ... but I will do it in only a few places. This blog will not be one of those places. I talked with Steve today and I will leave it in his capable hands. If you are interested in my thoughts, articles, etc. ... then they will be funneled through a Yahoo Group that is called "John's Journal". I know a Yahoo Group just isn't as cool as a blog ... but I've never been cool anyway. The address for "John's Journal" is: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jjournal/ I would love for you to join us there. You can get mail via daily digest, individual mails, or just read it on the web. Thanks to those who read and commented on my writings. I hope you'll come and look for them at John's Journal...and comment there. If not ... I wish you well in blogdom! Steve, have fun with Out Here Hope Remains. It's your baby. Do with it what you will. I will certainly be peeking in the door from time to time! I invite you to post your weekly article at John's Journal. It's good. Love to Steve, Joel, Kirt, Jeff, and those who read and commented such as John Allen, Chris, Trisha, and Lindsay (did I miss anyone? ... you too!). I hope I'm not seeing the last of you! So this is my gentle goodbye ... albeit a bit of a reluctant goodbye.