Out Here Hope Remains

There is hope for the helpless ... Cry Out To Jesus. -- Third Day

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Today

Today was the Last Day and I thank God for it. The past few months have been literal terror for us, and our greatest fears were realized. Yes, it is the last day of hurricane season. That doesn't mean it is impossible for there to be any more hurricanes, but it does mean that the likelihood diminishes greatly. And for all of the oddball things that have happened this season, who can promise that there will not be more to come? Today was also the first day. Forty-two years ago a beautiful eighteen year old wife entered Mercy Hospital in Vicksburg, MS and gave birth to a little butterball that would later be called by many 'big poppa'. Happy birthday to me! Hey ... and thanks very much to Danny Sims, who looked at my Amazon 'favorites' list (in the column to your left), picked the first one, and sent me a very cool ELO CD that I've been wanting. Thanks, Danny! {Of course none of you should feel obligated to do that, since you would now be doing it of a sense of guilt rather than a genuine desire to gift me.} (the brackets, according to Donna's blog, denote sarcastic comments). Today was also the dreaded day. My son got his learners permit. I had successfully avoided allowing him to drive by trumping all of his requests with, "not until you have a permit." So tonight he drove me home from church and then drove me to Sonic. A monster has been created. Pray for us. Today is a desperate day. For some reason Cableone cannot keep my connection at the house going. So I am in my van, outside the church building, leaching onto the wireless internet connection at the building so that I can post this blog tonight! I just blew the horn by laying my laptop on it, and someone came out to take a look. Thanks. I feel like a spy ... but a terrible one. After two months with us, John Sanders is leaving tomorrow. I wish him well in his endeavors and I hope he will keep in touch. I'm afraid my battery is going to go dead, so I'm going to say goodnight. This has been your favorite hurricane blogger, in a dark van, outside the church building, about to slip off into the night!