Out Here Hope Remains

There is hope for the helpless ... Cry Out To Jesus. -- Third Day

Friday, December 02, 2005

Crazy Tense Hectic Tiring Days

Every day when I update the blog I have to make myself NOT type the following sentence: "Today was really crazy, tense, hectic, and it wore me out ... but there were lots of good things that happened." I just hope you'll take that for granted! So anyway, today was really crazy, tense, hectic, and it wore me out. But I have to say that there were lots of good things that happened. In the picture to the left, David Kilbern holds a plastic bag with a donation. On the bag is written the words: "Huricane Fund, From Kyle". I think Kyle must have a precious heart, whoever he is ... wherever he is from. Somewhere out there is a boy with a heart that has caught the attention of God with his gift of a few mites. A local minister from an area church brought a family to our attention today. They had escaped New Orleans to a relative's home in Gautier. The sister gives credit to God that her home didn't flood. A few days ago a house down the street from the sister came up for rent, and they made an agreement on the property. They do not intend to go back to New Orleans in the foreseeable future. But they are a family of five in an empty rent house. We were grateful to be able to help them with a washing machine, dryer, stove, refrigerator, and beds. Pictures are on my picture page.

We said "Goodbye" to lots of friends today. Four ladies from Indiana left early this morning for home. They are all retired. One owned a tea room, one was a third grade teacher, one was a home economics teacher, and one was a ... hmm ... and my memory was doing so good! Oh well, they never did retire from the Lord, that's for sure. Gary Irby left for Jackson, Alabama. Tex Nolan headed back up to Monroe, Louisiana. Harold and Sue Painter headed back to Kentucky. These folks gave of themselves in wonderful ways. They were selfless and compassionate. We are so blessed that they made their way to the Coast with the heart of Jesus to share with us. Tex assisted us in acquiring a delivery truck. Thanks, Tex - and the congregations in Lousisana that helped fund this item that will aid us for months to come in our efforts to serve our community. Today I talked with a lady who's name is Heaven Leigh. No kidding. Her life is anything but heavenly. She has four children and is caring for her 72 year old mother. The mother is in ICU. And they are the last family in the hurricane shelter at St. Dominic's church in Mobile. Almost 13 weeks later this family is surviving in a shelter. I thank God for the church that offered her refuge, but this woman and her family have been overlooked. Their home that was flooded is not far from the church building. She came in today to see if we would help her children with some Christmas gifts. Gladly. In the coming week we have no extra workers scheduled to come in. They are welcome, but this is a busy time around homes. I understand. The next group to come in is from Prattville, Alabama tomorrow morning. Then there will be a week with no workers (unless some providentially show up!), followed by a busy week with lots of helpers. I spent a long time on the phone today with my friend Roger Mills. He is a gentleman, Christian, missionary, preacher ... and in my heart, a prince. I also spent a long time on the phone yesterday with Danny Dodd. He is my friend, and he aspires to all of those things that describe Roger {grin}. But he also is a prince in my heart. In fact, I talk on the phone with lots of people. Only one person's phone rings more than mine does, and that's David Kilbern's! Thanks for reading. I thank you for all of your comments (both private and public), and especially your prayers.