Out Here Hope Remains

There is hope for the helpless ... Cry Out To Jesus. -- Third Day

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

God Creates Great Stories

God is the creator of great stories. I believe we interact with him in prayer to bring about incredible things, as they fall under submission to His sovereign will. I can see the results of our prayers all around me. Robbie hit a milestone today. 30 days with no drugs. At an early devotional tonight Heather sang an acappella solo of Amazing Grace to him. It is an amazing grace at work, for sure. Laurie has a job and I got to see her at work today. Scott is having better days and seems more hopeful. These are people I've written about in the past month, if you're wondering. The Fergusons arrived today from South Fulton, Tennessee. They are participating in a cool story. A major store in Fulton had some bunk beds that they couldn't sell. The boxes had come apart and they were all jumbled up. They didn't want to throw them away, so they offered them to a local Habitat group. They couldn't use them, but a lady in that group attended Parkway church of Christ in Fulton, Kentucky. That lady knew that workers from that church had been down to the Coast to do some relief work. She contacted either Cecil May III or Miles Mayo ... I'm not sure which ... and the ball started rolling. The Fergusons arrived today with a truckload of bunk bed (parts). These will be so helpful in housing volunteers! Thanks, God! And thanks to all who were used by him in this neat story. Tonight's Central Family Devotional centered on Psalms that emphasize how we must trust in God at all times. TRUST really gets our attention when we have nothing left. Do we trust Him or not? On my blog page I've listed some new blogs, and also included some hurricane relief sites. Today we have workers from Pennsylvania, California, Tennessee, and Texas. I do not always have these listed on the work crew report because I do not always know when people arrive. They are mostly gone when I get to the building. Anyhow, we enjoy meeting the new people and they enjoy the work. In a devotional tonight a man wept as he contemplated how enriching it was to simply do what God commanded ... I think he was touched by the goodness of God. On a personal note, I went to the doctor today and gave some blood for a routine blood panel. My guess is that they'll find nothing - that's the news I want to hear anyway! I reckon I'll have to wait a few days to find out. I am considering a quick trip to the Oklahoma Christian University lectures. There is a discussion on diaster relief that I would like to attend. However, I am only thinking about it at this point.