Out Here Hope Remains

There is hope for the helpless ... Cry Out To Jesus. -- Third Day

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Goodbye and a Road Trip

Today was, as always, a hectic pace. In addition to whatever was given to me to do, we are also preparing for a trip. Maggy, JR, and I will head to the International Soul Winning Workshop early tomorrow morning. Jim, Jackie, and Jaime Ingram will also go with us, as well as Robbie Woods. Our goal is to leave at 5:00 a.m. It is 10:30 p.m. and I am not packed, so I have to make this a short post! I presented a message on how Jesus gives us new life tonight at church. We had two visitors from the community, which I was able to pray with. It began to hit me that I was saying 'goodbye' tonight. When we return from Tulsa, Charlie and Linda will be in Texas, before they head back to Canada. Our goodbye hugs tonight seemed much too informal for the friendship we have developed. I don't know how to say goodbye to them. So many people come and go here, and I very seldom get the chance to evolve in a relationship past the 'how are you' stage. There are actually people here leading teams that I have never even met. (Hello Brian Key ... did I ever meet you?) With Charlie and Linda, it is different. I feel so blessed to know my new friends ... and hope he will keep his blog going so I will be able to keep up with him! Ryan McAdams came by to say goodbye this afternoon. His group will head out in the morning. He had a great group of kids with him. They were from a Presbyterian church in Springfield. I appreciated Ryan's spirit so much. Tim Allison called tonight to say goodbye ... he will be leaving Friday. Tim Allison is a first class brother who is very dependable, conscientious, and dedicated to his Lord. He has several qualities I'd like to have in greater degree. He will be preaching tomorrow night. I wish I could hear it. I will be in Tim's town Sunday, but at a different church. Usually it is someone saying 'goodbye' and driving off. This time the goodbyes seem different, and I'm the one driving away. When I get back there will be a new crew here. I am excited, though, about going to Tulsa. I've been attending the workshop the past 20 or 21 years. Wednesday night, Lord willing, I will be speaking at the Memorial Drive Church of Christ. I am so appreciative of Terry Rush for the invitation. Memorial Drive blessed us at Christmas time with a new dishwasher, lawnmower, and leaf blower. I'm looking forward to connecting with old friends at the workshop and hearing some great messages. I am grateful for this year's theme. And Hurricane Katrina has made that an even more important theme for me. I'll share that in another post. Pray for us to have a safe journey. I suppose I will have internet access and be able to keep you posted about the workshop as it happens. If I receive any news from back home I will share that as well.