Out Here Hope Remains

There is hope for the helpless ... Cry Out To Jesus. -- Third Day

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Midnight Ponderings

'Tis Midnight and on John's mind ... Thanks for the prayers for my tests today. Everything is okie dokie with me as far as they can tell and I'm thankful. At the beginning of the year I had three things I needed to check out ... and two of the three were good news. The other one is this carpal tunnel syndrome which will require surgery in both wrists at some point. As of yet, an undetermined point in time. Thanks for allowing me to share these personal things among the other things going on. Bill Ford is a brother from Senatobia, MS who has been here several times. His wife fell and broke her arm and will have surgery Friday. Remember Linda in your prayers. She has served us also, by allowing Bill to make so many trips to the Coast. I was able to be at services tonight, and I am so glad I was. We had a great time of worship led by my son John Robert and Gary Boswell. Al Sturgeon was our speaker for the night, and what a powerful message he brought! As a hurricane victim and hurricane relief worker, his testimony touched us all. He challenged us to live each day with the compassion of Christ and the willingness to serve others. Al has been my friend for many years and I am thankful for his generous heart. Tonight my friend Gary Kirkendall arrived. He spoke on the Faulkner University Lectures this afternoon and drove down to the Coast after that. He will speak at Central for the next two nights. Gary is one of the finest preachers I have ever heard, and I do not say that just because he is my friend. We both graduated from Magnolia Bible College at the same time. He is the preaching minister for the Broad Street Church of Christ in LaGrange, GA. I feel like I have known Gary, Donna, Kara and Daniel forever. On our Church WEBSITE I have placed some newer needs, and a link to a hurricane information archive. Whitfield's Journey is a new blog by a couple from Ontario who are here for a few weeks helping us out, Charlie and Linda Whitfield. Keep up with the relief work from the eyes of some wonderful workers. They are such a blessing to us. Since it is late, and I need to get to bed, I'll let that be my report for the night. God bless each of you for your continuous care for what is happening here in Pascagoula. Below: Al Sturgeon begins his message at Central Tuesday night.

Below: Some Smiling Faces from Campus Christian Fellowship!