Out Here Hope Remains

There is hope for the helpless ... Cry Out To Jesus. -- Third Day

Friday, June 23, 2006

Franklin, Tennessee

Because I dedicated yesterday's post to Cheryl's passing, I did not mention a neat thing that happened. On the trip from Bossier City, LA to Ruleville, MS, we stopped for lunch in Vicksburg. Maggy wanted to eat at Garfield's, so that's where we went. After ordering I looked across the room and there was Terry Rush and friends eating at a table. Isn't it something that he was traveling from Tulsa to Pascagoula, I was traveling from Bosier to Ruleville, and we ended up eating at the same place at the same time? What a trip! It was good to see him, though. I know he will have a great message at Central this Sunday morning. Today we drove from the green flatlands of the Mississippi Delta to beautiful central Tennessee. We stopped in Memphis and ate Bar-B-Que at Neely's - apparently featured by Al Roker on one of those morning shows. It was good. We arrived at the Shelton's home in Franklin about 6:00. Frank and Linda prepared a wonderful supper for us and we began the time honored tradition of seeing who we all know ... and found mutual friends indeed! Frank grew up at Union Avenue in Memphis, thus he knows the Cecil May family, who are dear friends of ours. He attended Harding Academy and met one of our elders, Jim Ingram, as a child. He is acquainted with John Mark Hicks through one of his children. Frank is a retired hospital administrator. One of our former elders at Central (Robert) is a retired hospital administrator. Both Frank and Robert moved to Franklin, TN less than a year ago. Neither of them knows each other, but I think a meeting is in order! I think there were other connections, but I've forgotten now after an evening of great conversation and hospitality. We have a wonderful and comfortable room in their home. Tomorrow morning Frank and I will go to a breakfast meeting, and then he will help me find someplace where I can get some new glasses. Yes, I broke my glasses. That's a pretty brief report, but I'm glad to have some new friends ... and look forward to getting to know them better over the weekend! Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting