Out Here Hope Remains

There is hope for the helpless ... Cry Out To Jesus. -- Third Day

Monday, June 05, 2006

No Peg Leg For John....Yet

I enjoyed this morning as I arrived at the building to meet some of the workers here. The past month I've been pretty much out of the scene, missing entire groups, sitting in my chair. Mondays are always so crazy as we get work orders together and try to get the teams organized. A few of the teenagers helped bring books and other materials from upstairs to the church offices. The office area is starting to look like an office again. However, placing the books on the shelves is really a big task - I have a lot of books. I'm culling through the books, and trying to cut down on the number of books. It's hard for me to do, though ... I always think that the book I get rid of will be the one I need next. I believe we were putting sheetrock in three houses today with about 100 workers here. Awesome! I went to the doctor today and let him take a look at my leg. He and I agree that the phlebitis is essentially gone, but there is a great deal of fluid being retained in the leg. There is some discoloration because of blood in the leg or something like that. Anyhow, he gave me a diuretic and thinks that this will end the problem in a few days. As a precautionary measure (and so that the insurance company can be billed), they will do an ultra sound of my leg tomorrow to make sure that there isn't a clot hiding in there. So, no peg leg for me yet. The medicine he gave me has a warning about being in direct sunlight while taking the subscription. Nice. I'm off to Bible camp next week. Guess I can be like Dr. Moreau and come out dressed wrapped in rags and wearing a big hat and whiteface. Chris Robey is here from Vernon, Texas. He will bring the message at the Central Family Devotional Wednesday night. I look forward to hearing this dedicated young brother bring the Word to us. Thanks for reading. I hope that your week is off to a great start and that you will see God's handiwork in your daily routine.