Out Here Hope Remains

There is hope for the helpless ... Cry Out To Jesus. -- Third Day

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Rainy Days on the Coast

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting We've had two rainy days on the Mississippi Gulf Coast, but we're not complaining. This rain is much needed, as we have had quite a drought for the past few months. With no volunteers in town, we have enjoyed some quieter days, but that doesn't mean that the ministry has ceased. Carla has been working to help a couple of people make some connections to get the help they need. David helped a man today who is facing some major decisions in life. Will helped me get my office in better order and visited a young man who has expressed great interest in the church. I had several things on my plate today as well. According to Dr. Jeff Master's Weather Blog, one reason we have had a calm hurricane season thus far is a large cloud of African Dust in the Atlantic. I'll take dust over a hurricane any day. Just a pet peeve here, but a certain cellular phone company is claiming to have the fewest dropped calls of all of the providers. As a customer of that phone company, I have been wondering ... how can anyone have more dropped calls than I have? So should I feel sorry for you guys who do not subscribe to that cell phone company's service, or should I disbelieve this audacious claim? I'm slowly making my way through Thomas L. Friedman's The World Is Flat. It really is fascinating. Friedman has a section on the new phenomenon of blogging and it's effects on the worlds of journalism and news reporting. In describing what a blog actually is, he wrote: "A blog is your own personal virtual soapbox, where you can get up every morning and, in the form of a column or a newsletter or just a screed, tell the world what you think about any subject, upload that content onto your own Web site, and then wait for the world to come check it out.... A new blog is created every seven seconds." I consider Out Here Hope Remains an opportunity to share what is on my heart for the day. The function of the blog has expanded, as it has become a source of information about the hurricane relief effort here on the Coast. Still, it is mostly a reflection of what's on my mind on any given day. I know, some days it isn't much! I appreciate you reading and checking it out. Your comments are encouraging and your prayers are keeping us afloat here on the Coast. Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting