Out Here Hope Remains

There is hope for the helpless ... Cry Out To Jesus. -- Third Day

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Through The Fire

Both Donna and Ken have asked about some signs in my most recent posts. No, those are not real places. I made a mention a few blogs back about the Generator Blog. In the column to the right you can find all kinds of customizable stuff ... not all pictures. But anyways, I'm just having some fun with some generated graphics.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Things went smoothly today. One group of kids emptied out our church library, boxing up all the books and getting it ready for renovation. We'll take all the shelves out, clean them if need be ... place flooring, and then replace the shelving and books. It will be a very nice resource room. We will do a classroom down the hall next. Maybe David Hazelwood and his awesome flooring crew from Fulton, Kentucky are ready to make another trip down. (Is that a shameless hint? Yes it is.) This afternoon Jim Ingram and I made a few visits. I always enjoy our times together in talking to brothers and sisters. We ended our afternoon making a final visit at Dough Joe's Coffee Shop. Ok, I know this barely qualifies as an official "visit", but we did visit with Daved Baker and enjoyed it! I was disappointed today to find out that the Blur The Lines tour had been cancelled. I had just bought tickets yesterday. I almost never go to concerts, but this one looked like a lot of fun. The Crabb Family has a great song called Through The Fire that really encourages me. I'll share the lyrics with you and say goodnight. Through The Fire So many times I've questioned certain circumstances Things I could not understand Many times in trials, weakness blurs my vision Then my frustration gets so out of hand It's then I am reminded I've never been forsaken I've never had to stand the test alone As I look at all the victories the spirit rises up in me And it's through the fire my weakness is made strong (chorus) He never promised that the cross would not get heavy And the hill would not be hard to climb He never offered our victories without fighting But he said help would always come in time Just remember when you're standing in the valley of decision And the adversary says give inJust hold on, our Lord will show up And he will take you through the fire again I know within myself that I would surely perish But if I trust the hand of God, He'll shield the flames again Featuring Jason Crabb and Angie Hoskins Gerald Crabb. © 1999 Lehsem Songs/BMI (admin. by Music & Media International, Inc.)