Out Here Hope Remains

There is hope for the helpless ... Cry Out To Jesus. -- Third Day

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Sunday Afternoon on the Coast

We had a lot of people out of town this Sunday, so our crowd was down a bit. But, it was a good service and class following. It was great to have our old friend Dot Killingsworth with us. She brings sunshine wherever she goes. Last night Margaret and I went to see The Wicker Man. For some reason I do not understand, she is a real Nicolas Cage fan! It can't be his looks! (I'm glad Maggy doesn't have a blog to response to this!) Anyway, we both thought the movie was pretty good, though surely not the best we've seen. Ellen Burstyn is appropriately creepy in her role. There were a few tense scenes, but in it, which is good for a thriller. I did not like the ending at all. More later... some friends just came in to visit! Well, we had a delightful visit with old friends...ate together...played Phase Ten, and watched TV and talked. It was great. I'll tell you more about them tomorrow. I thought an Earthquake in the Gulf of Mexico was pretty big news! Well, it's late so I'll blog some more tomorrow. Thanks for reading.