Out Here Hope Remains

There is hope for the helpless ... Cry Out To Jesus. -- Third Day

Monday, March 28, 2005

5Q4 Interview

I am participating in an interview that is interactive (aren't they all?). I will answer five questions posed to me by Kel . Then I will offer to interview the first five people who comment on this post and request to be interviewed. Then you who volunteer will post your interview on your own blog...ok...got it? Here we gooooooo....... KEL: I notice 4 DVD's on your wish list. Finding Nemo, Pirates of the Carribbean, The Others and Star Wars trilogy. If you could only have one of them, which would you choose and why? JD: Ah... an easy one... Star Wars Trilogy - beause there's three of them. In a world where more is better, three is better than one. Nemo wasn't for me, it was for my grand daughter - so I figure her mom can spring for that. Pirates is a great movie, and The Others is my favorite scary movie ... but Star Wars...well...no one movie can beat that trilogy! KEL: You posted recently about re-thinking sabbath principles. Did you decide to take a break from blogging on Sunday, or do you find it a valid expression of the relational side of sabbath? JD: For me, blogging is a sabbath ... a rest ... a time to get inside my own brain and find ways to express how I'm feeling. As such it is therapeutic and centering. I try to take my Sabbath rest otherwise on Fridays ... do something relaxing, or engaging, or out of my ordinary track. I definitely see a spiritual side to blogging ... if it is authentic. KEL: What's the latest instalment in your dental drama? JD: Very timely question. Thursday morning I will undergo oral surgery to remove the tooth that has already cost me hundreds of dollars! I will have to be put to sleep (a first for me) and I'm not looking forward to waking up! Thursday morning at 10:30 I will be in another world - and glad of it because of what's going on in my mouth at that time! Of course following that, the dentist wants to talk implants, bridges, caps, etc. I don't think so! KEL: Why did you start a blog and what was the date of your first post? JD: This blog has evolved through several stages. It is not my first blog. This blog began with a collaboration between me and our youth minister at the time. Unfortunately he never did post more than once, so I asked a few other people to join me in posting. They are all friends and good people - but not consistent bloggers. It seemed like I was the only one consistently blogging, so I just asked them to not blog here any more (sign of true friendship) and it is now just my baby. Of course I LOVE comments ... so I hope for lots of those. The first post on this blog is July 26, 2004. What will we do for a birthday celebration? KEL: What does being born in the year of the Rabbit tell us about your personality? JD: Now I don't know how to answer that question...but ... the qualities of a rabbit I see in myself ... are... hmmm ... I don't have a cute fuzzy tail ... I don't like raw vegetables ... If I'm anything like a rabbit I think I wander around and graze ... stopping in one place for a time, but then moving on a bit ... keeping a watchful eye out for those who might want to stop me! (Ok, that's a totally dumb answer, no eggs please! No! Not even easter eggs. sheesh.) OK, now to keep the cycle rolling...which five of you want to be INTERVIEWED on your blog ... and remember ... you'll interview five others later on.