Out Here Hope Remains

There is hope for the helpless ... Cry Out To Jesus. -- Third Day

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Living on Tulsa Time

We had a safe and uneventful trip to Tulsa today. Jim Ingram and I did the driving. After four hours sleep last night, I was pretty sleepy. And here it is almost 1:00 a.m. There was a packed house at Memorial Drive Church of Christ tonight. Marvin Phillips and Terry Rush introduced me, prayed with me. Then John Robert led a song, and I preached about what it means to belong to God's Big Family. Many people had so many nice things to say to me afterward. It was a blessing. If you would like to hear the message, it is already posted on the Memorial Drive Church of Christ website. Aside from Marv and Terry, I was able to visit with my friends Craig Hicks, Bud Myer, Dusty Rush, Dale Brezee, Eddie Cassety, and probably a lot more than I can name. I also visited a lot with the lady that MBC classmate Jim Smith married. Jim and Tracy are no longer married. I'm glad she sought me out, or I would have never recognized her! I also met Brooke and Twila, who will be coming to Pascagoula for a good long time. I will tell you more about them at another time. They made a three hour trip just to meet us. I appreciated that! After an extended time of visiting, several of us went to IHOP for a late supper. I have some pictures but blogger isn't cooperating tonight. Hope everyone is well. I'll have pictures and news tomorrow! ************ Addendum Well, Blogger is being bad and not letting me upload any pictures. I have a new TULSA WORKSHOP folder on my picture page. The pics from last night are kinda blurry. There is also a picture from this morning - a SNOWY Thursday morning in Tulsa. The picture is from our 7th floor hotel window. There was a 20 car pile-up somewhere here this morning. To get to my picture page, click HERE.