Out Here Hope Remains

There is hope for the helpless ... Cry Out To Jesus. -- Third Day

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Midnight Blogger

Charlie said he was going to start calling me the 'Midnight Blogger'. I think it fits. We had a super day today with lots of activity and hard work. We were under the threat of severe weather, but it never did materialize. Maggy cooked taco soup for the workers today. Gary and I helped her get the ingredients together, then helped her get it up to the church building after it was prepared. Gary's message tonight was very rich and thoughtful. I was so encouraged by it. After the message we had a sharing time where four of the college students with us got up and shared their hearts with the assembly. It was very tearful but beautiful. After that I showed a slide show of pictures I had taken during the week. This group will head out at about 5:30 in the morning. I won't be there! I'll be speaking the next two nights and Sunday morning at Central. Sunday night one of the ministers with the incoming groups will speak. I'm not sure yet what I'm going to do ... it might not be like a 'sermon' ... I'll keep you posted. Today Mary and Margo arrived from Bloomington, IN. They came down with their church, Vineyard Community Church. Their church, however, was working in an area where they couldn't bring their children. So they got on the internet looking for some place to serve. They noticed our cooks were worn out ... so God bless 'em they are here to relieve our cooks for a week. And it is going to be quite a week. I told them I was going to call them the M&Ms! They are very happy and I look forward to getting to know them. Tomorrow there are some people in the hospital I want to visit and a funeral I want to attend. Below: One of the college students shares his testimony about the week of service.

Below: The M&Ms - Margo and Mary!