Out Here Hope Remains

There is hope for the helpless ... Cry Out To Jesus. -- Third Day

Monday, July 10, 2006

Monday Night on the Coast

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting I always hate it when I miss a day on the blog, because I'm sure there was something I wanted to tell you about - but it's buried deep in my memory bank now. Our daughter and grand daughter, Claire, came for the weekend, so that changed some other plans we had. It was a joy. Claire is staying with us this week and it sure is good to have her here with us. Sunday was a day filled with good things. We had about 25 community visitors with us Sunday morning for worship. Will and John Robert did a great job leading worship. My lesson was from Acts 2 and has been posted on my podcast located HERE. You do not have to have an IPOD to listen, you can hear it right from that site or download it to your computer. Following worship I taught the first part of a class on the qualities of an elder. I will finish that, Lord willing, next week. Then we had a church meeting where I shared with the church the details of my trip to Louisiana, Tennessee, and Kentucky. Sunday night we had a get-together of just the Central folks. I didn't want to offend our hurricane relief workers, but we need some time together just as a church family. We met at the Boswell's and had some fingerfoods and lots of conversation. Later we gathered in their living room and shared with each other what was going on in our families. There were tears and laughter. Jim Ingram's bird story is awesome...he could go on the road with that one. There were many shared hearts that night. We will do this again next Sunday night. This morning was typical Monday morning chaos at the church building with everyone getting work assignments and starting to their duties. We have a lot of people here this week. It's awesome! My friend Daved Baker came in and was needing to talk, so we headed over to Dough Joe's. There's something great about that place that makes it the perfect place to talk and share. Then I had lunch with Will at Scranton's. Will is very mature for his age, and his faith is also very mature. Being friends with his mom and dad, I just sat there so impressed with him as he shared some of his thoughts and ideas. Tomorrow some of our teens will join the work crews and work alongside the volunteers. I appreciate Will heading this up and particpating himself. I have already learned some things from Will that have helped me. I look forward to the next six or seven weeks with him. This afternoon I worked in my yard, cleaned off my carport (most of it), went to Lowe's, and in general tried to catch up with some of the things I've been neglecting. I let all the flowers in my planters die while I was out of town, so I bought some more. I'll plant those in the morning early before going into the office. Tonight a group of eight of us went to the Port City Church of Christ in Mobile to see New Reign sing. They are from Oklahoma Christian University. We enjoyed their performance. I enjoyed seeing friends such as Kenny (a faithful blog reader), his daughter Kristin, and Josh Moore and his wife. I also enjoyed a very positive conversation with one of the elders, Gene Barrett and it was good to see his wife Robin. I learned that his father recently passed away after an extended illness. I also had a short visit with Bruce Stewart, minister of Port City church. He is an old friend. Pray for his wife, Tammy, who has multiple health problems. So it was a busy couple of days, but we are blessed with so many good things happening. I even managed to call my mother today, which I try to make sure I do each day. Thanks for reading!