Out Here Hope Remains

There is hope for the helpless ... Cry Out To Jesus. -- Third Day

Friday, March 24, 2006

Thursday on Friday

It's Friday morning, but I was too tired to do a blog post last night. So, I'm bypassing breakfast to serve you up with a fresh blog post this morning! Yesterday was such a neat day ... I saw so many people that I knew. One thing I did not expect was a large number of people who stopped me throughout the day to tell me that they enjoyed what I said at Memorial Wednesday night. That was really nice. One older brother even shared some of his story with me, some of his heartache, and I was glad he felt he could do this. A note of great sadness - Casa Bonita is not open. This is a source of great anguish for us, but we will try to survive. One way I thought I would cope would be to go to Village Inn after services last night for pie, but it had caught on fire and was not open. I'm scared to try to eat at Metro Diner today, but I'll give it a try. In Jim Ingram's honor (one of our men from Central who is here with us) we ate at the big Chinese food place yesterday right down from Garnett. He loves the hot and sour soup. He has one bowl to start off with, and one bowl for dessert. Back to the workshop stuff ... after lunch I listened to Lynn Anderson, Marvin Phillips, and Terry Rush. They all did great, but I will say that Terry hit a home run, and I wish every Christian in America would buy that CD and listen to it. Last night was Jeff Walling and Chuck Booher. Keith Lancaster and Rod Brady led worship, along with Durant. It was a super night. Chuck and Jeff have known each other for many years, both of them overcoming doubts and fears about each other, even though they share a restoration heritage. I have a lot of thoughts about all of this, but I will share them another day as time is short. After the night session we ended up at Cracker Barrel with Craig Hicks coming to dine and chat with us. Amy, Craig's wife, is sick, so she couldn't come and be with us. Craig is as delightful as ever. I haven't seen him for a few years, but I feel like we have been old friends for a very long time and haven't missed a beat. He still has a ready smile and he still loves Elvis....but he loves Jesus more. Well, the bus leaves in 15 minutes to go to the Fairgrounds. I'm the bus driver, so I guess I should be on it. Tonight is a big night with Max Lucado and Bob Russell speaking. Zoe Worship is leading the praise time tonight. It's going to be a great night. They are expecting the community to come out to hear Max, so we have evangelistic opportunity there. An overflow area with digital feed has been set up in the exchange center. Of course, everyone wants to be where it is live. Should be fun! Back home in Pascagoula the work continues. I talk to David Kilbern every day. He is such a dependable and tireless worker for the Lord. He truly loves people and has great compassion for the helpless. His wife, Elaine and son David, Jr. are right there by his side. Someday someone should write a book about their lives. It would be a best seller. David says there have been two baptisms this week. They were supposed to take place Tuesday night, but because of uncontrollable circumstances, they happened later. We praise God for those born again into His family! I do not have time to post pictures this morning. All of the pictures I've taken so far are on my picture page, which is linked to the right. Thanks for reading. Your comments mean a lot to me. God bless!