Out Here Hope Remains

There is hope for the helpless ... Cry Out To Jesus. -- Third Day

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

And Just Before I Go To Sleep...

I really am humbled by the lovely response to my last post. To tell you the truth, I posted it and then stewed about it for a few hours and almost took it down. But I decided that since it was true, I would just let it be. In addition to the very encouraging comments, I received several private e-mails that were a blessing to my heart as well. The group from University Church of Christ in Conway, AR will head back home in the morning. They came over today and worked in my yard. They cleaned out my storage room (first time since the storm), pruned my crepe myrtles and gardenia bushes, raked the leaves from my yard, fixed my fallen wooden fence, and trimmed the bushes in front of the house. What a joy that was! Tonight we were blessed with a good message from Lance Timerius of Columbia, MO. He had some great observations about the ministry of Jesus and our need to follow in His footsteps. Tomorrow night my friend Ben Overby will speak at Central. I'm so looking forward to this! Ben will speak two nights for us, and then I will end the 31 nights of Good News this Friday night. If this Friday is like most, there won't be many people there. So come on out! Tomorrow is the funeral for Lillian Lawrence. I interviewed her for the paperwork on rebuilding her house, some time back. I didn't know that we had finished our work on her house and she had moved back into her home. I'm glad she was able to live back in her home for a time before she passed away. I feel sure that there are many elderly people who are now living in campers and will never live in their homes again. I'm too sleepy to continue. God bless all of you for reading!