Out Here Hope Remains

There is hope for the helpless ... Cry Out To Jesus. -- Third Day

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Thursday on the Coast

It's already tomorrow and I can't remember much about today. I did spend a good bit of today on the phone. I did eat lunch at La Fiesta Brava. I did help my friend Danny Dodd establish his own space on the blosphere. I did do a power point presentation for tonight. And I did hear a sweeeeet lesson from Ben Overby. He did an outstanding job this evening. I look forward to tomorrow night. In the morning Lance Temarius and crew will head back to Missouri. He is such a great guy, and I know I have missed a wonderful opportunity to get to know a wonderful brother. He is interested in informing the alumni of his campus organization about the work here and inquiring about who would like to come to the Coast to work. Carla, Danny, Ben, and Gary - thanks for your encouragement today in the discussion of a potential project. I haven't been talking about the people we meet lately, so I should let you know that the people who need the Lord the most keep walking through our doors. *A lady who was drugged and awakened to find herself beaten black and blue. *A man who cannot speak, but can hear. He has been homeless since August 29th, living on the streets. *A man with a big smile, who loves coming to church, but who smells really really bad. *A man who was living in a FEMA camper that caught fire, and also his house burned down. They never stop coming through our doors. I praise God that they seek help and refuge among His people. I hope it never stops. *********** A concern I have is that the contributions from the congregations have stopped coming in. I understand why, but another reality stops me in my tracks: they are forgetting about us. Please do not let your leaders forget about the great work going on down on the Coast. We have continual cash output. Most of our funding is coming from organizations at this point. If your congregation would like a hurricane recovery update live and in person with me, please let me know via e-mail (john.dobbs@yahoo.com). Sunday night I will be speaking at the Johnson Grove Church of Christ in Brookhaven, MS. Come on out and see us! I'm thinking of getting an IPOD. Any advice for a newby?